Friday, March 20, 2015

Molecular Nutrition - Peak Beta Review

Molecular Nutrition Peak Beta



Late last year I had the pleasure of running a full bottle of Molecular Nutrition, Peak Beta.
For those not familiar with Molecular Nutrition www.molecularnutrition.com  aka MN, they are a small boutique company headed by Bill Llewellyn, a sports nutrition scientist  http://williamllewellyn.com That’s right a company run by someone that is an expert in nutrition and hormonal medicine.Don’t believe me, Youtube search William Llewellyn and be prepared to learn.

So what does this mean?! That their products are truly based on science and clinical trials/research. Of course all companies say this, but 90% of the time, it is other people’s findings and not their own. Also don’t misconstrue “boutique” as a negative. This is a positive term I use for smaller companies that have a limited product portfolio BUT the products they do have are quality. They don’t just create a product to keep up with the “jonses”. Be sure to click on the Youtube link at the bottom of the page to hear an interview I did with Bill.

Anyway back to Peak Beta. PB is a capsules product that helps buffer lactic, improve glycolysis (breaking down glycogen into sugar to be used for energy.It also increases oxygen delivery, and this is all done with 3 compounds, L Norvaline (75 mgs), Creatinol O Phosphate  (2000mgs) (not to be confused with creatine)  and L Carnitine-L Tartrate (1000mgs), dosage of 4 pills.

Assessment:

Negative:
For some, 4 capsules may be a lot to stomach, for me it wasn’t

Positives:

This is a very versatile product that can be used in conjunction with aerobic or anaerobic type activity. For me, my workut consisted of treadmill work generally a very fast paced walk on the treadmill 20-40 minutes) followed by weight training. I found that when my activity lasted more than 45 mins, perhaps an hour, my thresh hold was greater, lactic acid onset was prolonged, I felt I could go that little extra which generally would equate to a few extra reps or in some cases a few extra pounds. I typically found that about 30-40 minutes prior to exercise worked best for dosing. You will not feel anything per say, triggering you that this is working like a caffeinated PWO but once you are into your exercise, the proof is in the pudding.

Another great mention is that since it is not caffeinated, you can take it in conjunction with pretty much anything, PWO, BCAA etc and also that you can take it at any time, again no stims.

Additionally – full disclosed label. Always a huge positive for me with any company.

Overall assessment:
As mentioned above, love the versatility, can be combined with pretty much any of your other favorite products or be used as a standalone. Although it is not marketed as one, some might consider this a PWO due to the extra energy one receives. I personally would love to see this as a powdered PWO, unflavored or flavored as I  like to start my morning off with 20 oz’s of water filled with my favorite BCAA and or Pre.



Would I recommend this to others? Most certainly!!! 


Interview with Bill Llewellyn Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment