Monday, March 2, 2015

Review of Muscle-Element's The Truth


Welcome and thank you for taking time to read another product review.



Today we’ll be looking at Muscle-Elements Muscle-Elements“The Truth”
For those not familiar, Muscle-Elements “ME” is a fairly new company that was started by some of the “brains” from BSN, trying to truly revolutionize the Supplement Game. Now before you sigh and say “everyone is trying to change the game”, continue reading.

Aside from all their products being “open label” The Truth is ME’s ground breaking protein. Why groundbreaking? Well it is the first Protein powder that contains a full disclosure label of exactly how much of each protein you are getting and of course I had to put this to the test.

Let me first preface by saying I was a little bit leery considering the highest percentage of this blend is whey concentrate and as I get older, my body does not do well with concentrate, perhaps the higher concentration of lactose or perhaps the additional fillers companies are using in the product.

Onto the show:
Upon opening the bag (chocolate flavor) the heavy smell of chocolate/cocoa hits you hard. I am a true choco-holic so of course this is always welcomed.

Scoop, Mixing, Flavor
Interestingly enough the scoop is a little bigger that your typical scooper, average whey protein serving size of 32gm vs The Truth’s 44 g.

I decided to bring out my Nutra Bullet, poured in 16 oz of Almond Milk and added 2 level scoops and let the Bullet work its magic. At first glance this stuff was thick but again I did use milk. The taste was excellent. In my opinion it was more a chocolate batter than a shake/smoothie. I didn’t slam it but rather drank it. The big test would be over the next 30 minutes or an hour to see if there would be any oncoming stomach discomfort due to the whey concentrate. Much to my chagrin, no stomach issues, gas or anything of the like.I as well as my family were quite happy. I think a lot of this is due impart to the enzymes GanedenBC30, a probiotic that not only supports digestion and immune health but also increases absobption of 23 omportant amino acids** including Leucine which is critical to stimluate muscle protein synthesis*

The 2nd day I decided to blend the shake with water. Was less thick, of course less chocolaty, as to be expected but again no stomach issues.

Here is where some people may have an issue…price. The average price for a 24 serving bag of The Truth is $45 where a Whey Concentrate blend averages $26 and some 5 lb blends come in at $45-$55. Here is what I say to that……you can either gamble your money with a protein prop blend and hope there is no amino spiking or stomach discomfort OR like anything you can pay for quality and again know exactly what you are getting. This is a bold statement but I truly believe in this company. I am not sponsored, receiving kickbacks or anything of the like but believe in giving credit where credit is due.

Would I recommend this? Heck yes, at least the chocolate. Definitely keep your eyes on ME, they’re going place.





No comments:

Post a Comment